Healthy Lifestyle Tips
To ensure a healthy lifestyle one must take extreme care of their body and mind in order to live as healthy a life as possible. Here we have devised a number of health tips to enhance your lifestyle:
* The average person needs around 8 hours of sleep per night.
* People who sleep for less than 6 hours per night are thought to have a 70% mortality rate.
* Make sure the mattress you sleep on is firm enough to support your body weight, if not you could suffer from back problems.
* Make sure you drink plenty of water every day try and aim for around 8 glasses.
* Never skip breakfast, it is an important meal to help you face the rest of your day.
* If you mix fruit juice with 50% water it will not only save you money but also helps to prevent rapid sugar levels in your blood.
* Don’t take everything in life too seriously remember to smile and laugh and have fun.
* Every gram of alcohol that you drink will add 7 calories to your daily allotted amount, so drink plenty of water instead.
* Remember when buying low fat foods, they may be low in fat but some of them contain lots of sugar, sugar is high in calories and if you are sticking to a calorie controlled diet then just because its low in fat doesn’t mean you can eat as much of it as you want.
* Eat a well balanced diet that is low in fat and sugar, eat more fiber and whole grain foods as well as plenty of fruit and vegetables.
* The key to successful dieting is long term health and weight management.
* If you’re on a diet don’t weigh yourself everyday instead just concentrate on the benefits you feel.
* When on a diet don’t aim to lose more than 1 or 2 pounds at the most per week.
* Over exercising and crash dieting will slow down your metabolic rate.
* Exercise is one of the best ways to reduce stress and anxiety.
* If you can’t carry on a conversation while exercising then you’re probably working too hard.
*Try a Magnesium supplement, like Magnesium Breakthrough.
* If you are always surrounded by food and can’t resist picking at it then try chewing gum.
* Running, swimming, walking or cycling five times a week for 20 minutes can help reduce the risk of diabetes by 45%.
* One of the best aerobic forms of exercise is plain old fashioned walking.
* Always remember to consult your Doctor or health care provider before committing yourself to a new exercise regime.
* Always begin your routine with warm up exercises and finish off your routine with cooling down exercises.
* Restrict your car or public transport usage for trips that you can comfortably walk in 20 minutes or so.
Filed under: Healthy Lifestyle Tips